Zoning Board Procedures


Complete applications must be submitted to the Building and Zoning Department by the first business day of the month to be placed on the board's agenda. Applications which require Planning Board or Conservation Commission recommendations will not be heard until all committee reports have been received by the zoning board. The petitioner or attorney representing the petitioner must appear at the meeting to present the petition.


All decisions are recorded in the Town's Land Evidence records. Variances and Special Use Permits expire one year from the date of recording unless a building permit for the project has been approved. 


The granting of a Variance or Special Use Permit does not constitute the issuance of a Building Permit. A successful applicant must receive a Building Permit from the Building and Zoning Department before starting any work.