The Town Council hears reports on several items Monday night from a potential roundabout on Green End Avenue to short-term rentals. #MiddletownRI
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 842-6543 or email@example.com
MIDDLETOWN MEETING MATTERS
MIDDLETOWN TOWN COUNCIL
When: Monday night.
Where: Middletown Town Hall, 350 East Main Road.
- Announced a new three-year contract had been finalized with the Town Hall union following an executive session discussion.
- Heard from Town Administrator Shawn J. Brown that work continues to investigate the prospect of installing a roundabout at the intersection of Green End Avenue, Paradise Avenue and Berkeley Avenue.
- Received word the town’s new split residential tax rate has been well received by residents, with Brown saying the word seemed to get out very well about the effort. “I’ve been hearing a lot of compliments,” council President Paul M. Rodrigues said.
- Learned the test borings in the Birchwood Manor neighborhood did not come back favorably and the amount of ledge was much greater than originally believed. Brown said staff will be revisiting the issue to try to come up with a solution to address persistent flooding issues that plague the neighborhood off West Main Road.
- Got a report from Brown that oversight of short-term rentals continues by the town’s Police and Building departments and many of the concerns from prior summers seem to be addressed. “It’s been going very well,” Brown said.
Next meeting: Monday, Aug. 15, 2022 at 6 p.m. in Town Hall.