The Town Council discusses several items of local importance at Monday night's meeting in Town Hall.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 842-6543 or email@example.com
MIDDLETOWN MEETING MATTERS
MIDDLETOWN TOWN COUNCIL
When: Monday night.
Where: Middletown Town Hall, 350 East Main Road.
Absent: Councilman Dennis Turano.
• Approved a special event permit for the Middletown Prevention Coalition’s “Family Day”
on Sept. 24 from 4-8 pm at Sachuest Beach.
- Okayed a special event permit for the Norman Bird Sanctuary for a “Beach Bash” on Aug.
18 for 5:30-8 pm at a private beach on Third Beach Road.
- Signed off on a special event permit from the Newport County YMCA for the 37th annual
Thanksgiving Day Pie Run on Thursday, Nov. 24 at 8:30 am across the community.
- Had another discussion about the proposed “Middletown Center” mixed-use development
at 600-740 West Main Road and how people can get involved in the process. To submit an application for a new “Middletown Center Citizens Advisory Committee,” visit https://mdl.town/Volunteer online.
- Named Alexandra Sassi to the Conservation Commission.
- Appointed Danielle Campbell and Kelly DeMenezes to the Middletown Prevention
- Selected Judith Rosenthal as the first alternate to the Zoning Board of Review.
- Appointed Anna Anton, Ruth Donahue and Mary Johnson to the Library Board of
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 6:30 pm in Town Hall.