The Town Council makes a number of liaison appointments recently to local boards, committees and commissions to work to help Middletown the best place possible to live, work and play. #MiddletownRI
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 842-6543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWN COUNCIL LIAISONS SET
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. (JANUARY 10, 2023) – The Town Council has set its latest list of appointments to the boards and committees serving the Town of Middletown.
During a recent meeting from Town Hall, council President Paul M. Rodrigues directed the action, making sure his colleagues were on board with their assignments.
Middletown has close to 20 boards and commissions made up of volunteers that assist the town with everything from increasing affordable housing and economic development to maintaining roads, beaches and pension fund.
The council liaisons help guide the direction of each board and committee and provide information about the priorities of each group back to the town’s top elected body.
“Without our volunteer boards and committees, we wouldn’t be able to accomplish nearly what we do,” Town Clerk Wendy J.W. Marshall said. “Each one of our volunteers brings a unique perspective and expertise to their work and their assistance is absolutely invaluable to the Town of Middletown.”
The board and committee appointments were as follows:
- Affordable Housing Committee — President Paul Rodrigues and council members M. Theresa Santos and Dennis Turano
- Aquidneck Island Planning Commission — Vice President Thomas P. Welch III
- Audit Committee — Rodrigues, Santos and Councilman Christopher Logan
- Beach Commission — Rodrigues and Councilman Peter Connerton
- Chamber of Commerce — Turano
- Citizens Memorial Committee — Santos
- Economic Development Advisory Committee — Logan and Councilwoman Emily Tessier
- Library Board of Trustees — Tessier
- Middletown Outreach Committee — Logan and Turano
- Middletown Prevention Coalition — Welch
- Newport and Bristol County Convention and Visitors Bureau — Connerton
- Open Space & Fields Committee — Tessier and Turano
- Pension Trust Fund Investment Committee — Connerton
- Roads/Utilities Advisory Committee — Welch
- School Committee — Connerton and Tessier
- School Building Committee — Welch
Due to inactivity, the council disbanded the Budget Sub-Committee. For a couple years, that group helped guide the annual budget process, but stopped meeting more recently.
Document Link: https://www.middletownri.com/DocumentCenter/View/6637/NYCU-Appointments