The #MiddletownRI Town Council takes up several items Monday night, including a request that a proposed affordable housing development doesn't increase stormwater runoff.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 842-6543 or email@example.com
MIDDLETOWN MEETING MATTERS
MIDDLETOWN TOWN COUNCIL
When: Monday night.
Where: Middletown Town Hall, 350 East Main Road.
- Heard a request to make sure a proposed affordable housing development at 361 East Main Road did not increase stormwater runoff to the surrounding area. In response, Town Solicitor Peter B. Regan said the town was subject to the same oversights as other projects and could not cause in any additional stormwater off site. At this point, Regan said the project has not been designed yet, but that would be part of any plans when those are put forward.
- Approved raising the cap on Class B alcohol licenses from 41 to 42 for Baja’s Fresh Grill, a request that must go to public hearing on June 5. Council President Paul M. Rodrigues also asked for a review of how other communities handle liquor licenses so the council had a better picture on the matter.
- Received information from Town Planner Ronald Wolanski about the first public hearing for Community Development Block Grant application requests from the town and other nonprofits.
- Approved a $150 allocation from the council’s discretionary fund to buy a tee sign for the upcoming NAACP Newport County Branch golf tournament.
- Named Tim Barrow to the Open Space & Fields Committee, Julian F. Peckham IV to the Roads & Utilities Advisory Committee and Wendy Heaney to the Middletown Prevention Coalition.
Next meeting: Monday, June 5 at 6:30 p.m. in Town Hall.
Document Link: https://www.middletownri.com/DocumentCenter/View/8666/mmm-51523