FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Matt Sheley at (401) 712-2221 or email@example.com
MIDDLETOWN MEETING MATTERS
Middletown Town Council
When: Monday night.
Where: Middletown Town Hall, 350 East Main Road.
Of note, the council:
- Approved a request from Middletown High boys’ basketball coach Kevin Lendrum to allocate $600 from the council’s discretionary fund supporting a summer basketball league.
- Agreed to hold off on making a final decision about the undergrounding of utilities on lower Aquidneck Avenue until September to see if another funding source could be secured. The project currently has a $17 million to $20 million from National Grid, numbers town leaders were working hard to lower.
- Kindly accepted Class of 2021 Middletown High School t-shirts from the High School Parent Teacher Group, which applauded the council for its support for the class and its activities.
- Signed off on a special event permit for Fourth of July fireworks at Peabody’s Beach.
- Appointed Anthony Bliss as non-operator to serve on the Town’s Short-Term Rental Task Force after resident Michael Cunningham stepped down, citing personal reasons for the move.
- Named Karen Biastre, Kim Blass and Christopher Bove to the town’s Affordable Housing Committee.
- Reappointed Howard Hall and Peter Tarpgaard to the Conservation Commission.
- Reappointed Olga Probert to the Senior Citizens Board of Directors and Louis Finn to the group.
Next meeting: Tuesday, July 6 at 6 p.m.