Public Records Request
The Access to Public Records Act (“Act”) contained in RIGL section 38-2-1 et seq., requires public agencies to provide access to certain public records. These public records, together with exclusions, cost for obtaining and response deadlines are more fully described in the Act.
In accordance with the Act, the Town of Middletown has adopted policies and procedures to assist the public in making requests for records possessed by the Town. The Town’s Public Records Request Guidelines and Form can be downloaded here:
If you have any questions about the process for accessing a public record that is maintained by the Town of Middletown, you should contact one of the following departmental Public Records Officers, or the Town Clerk at 401-847-0009 with general questions.
– Town Administrator Shawn Brown, (401) 849-2898, email@example.com
– Town Clerk Wendy J.W. Marshall, (401) 847-0009, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Finance Director Marc Tanguay, (401) 846-4478, email@example.com
– Tax Assessor George Durgin, (401) 847-7300, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Building Department, (401) 847-5769, email@example.com
– Town Planner Ronald Wolanski, (401) 849-4027, firstname.lastname@example.org
– IT Director Matthew Wainwright, (401) 847-3830, email@example.com
– Parks and Beaches, Will Cronin, (401) 824-6136, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Department of Public Works Interim Director Robert Hanley, (401) 846-2119, email@example.com
– Fire Department Interim Chief Robert McCall, (401) 846-7888, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Police Department, Chief William Kewer, (401) 846-1144 x 7001, email@example.com
– Senior Center Director Arleen Kaull, (401) 849-8823, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Public Library Director Theresa Coish, (401) 846-1573, email@example.com
– Middletown Public Schools Superintendent Rosemarie Kraeger, (401) 849-2122, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Middletown is committed to providing public records in an expeditious and courteous manner consistent with the Access to Public Records Act.